Currently viewing the category: "Insights Podcast"
Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
- Building Critical Care Nurse Leaders and Nursing Show Episode 355Exercise, diet, and memory, bringing value through mentoring, changing the police/mentally ill paradigm, and we’ll have two special interview segments on how the American Association of Critical Care Nurses is investing in the future of nurse leadership. If that's what you're looking for, you found it. It's the Nursing Show. The post Building Critical Care […]
- Nursing – Not Just a Nurse JobFinally in the news for nurses this week is a look at how we enter the profession and, more importantly, why. I found a great article column from two nurse educators talking about the calling of being a nurse. The article is entitled, “The Choice Between a Vocation and a Job.” It’s an excellent [...] […]
- Are Oncology Nurse Navigators Getting the Job Done?Next up in the news is a look at nurse cancer navigators and their effectiveness in helping patients manage and recover from their treatments. A Washington Post article on nurse navigators calls into question whether these nurses are really a good use of nursing resources. According to research cited in the article oncology [...] The […]
- Big Jump in Heroin Abuse in U.S.First up in the news for nurses this week is a look at a news item over at Reuters.com on heroin overdoses. According to reports from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) deaths from heroin overdose increased by almost 400% in the last ten years leading up to 2013 (the [...] The […]
- Building Critical Care Nurse Leaders and Nursing Show Episode 355