Currently viewing the category: "Insights Podcast"
Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
- Improving Nurse / Physician Communication and Episode 351Trans Fats are history, eCigs for pregnant women, getting nurses back to the bedside, and we’ll have two more special segments from the critical care nurses conference in San Diego last month, one looking at nurse/physician teamwork and the other focusing on the nursing business of healthcare. If that's what you're looking for, you found […]
- Applications for Telemedicine and Depression in DiabetesFinally in this week’s news for nurses I bring you another piece of telemedicine research that looks at treating depression and other mental health issues for diabetes patients. Researchers from Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School looked at a group of patients who graduated from the AbilTo Telehealth Diabetes program. They found [...] […]
- Early Cancer Palliative Care Much Cheaper!Next up in the news for nurses is a look at an international study on healthcare costs for cancer care. Costs are affected positively when patients are placed in palliative or hospice care sooner rather than later in the process of death and dying in terminal illness according to the research findings. Accepting End [...] […]
- Sickest Patients Changing Healthcare DeliveryFirst up in the nursing news this week is a look at an article I found over at USAToday.com on the healthcare systems highest utilizers. The article points to the sicker nature of the aging population compared to years past. 15% Sickest Patients Cost Most In an analysis of those patients paid for [...] The […]
- Improving Nurse / Physician Communication and Episode 351