Currently viewing the category: "Insights Podcast"
Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- For Nurses It’s More Important to be “Present, not Perfect”Starting off the news this week is a look at a TEDx talk by one nurse professor who related a story of her clinicals in nursing school where she had an epiphany about nurse patient communication. Nurse Elaine C. Meyer, PhD, is co-founder and director, Institute for Professionalism & Ethical Practice, Boston Children’s Hospital, and […]
- Improving Maternal Mortality Rates and Nursing Show Episode 323Nurses need to be there, long term effects of shift work, sleep disorders and ADLs, and we’ll talk with one expert about maternal mortality and what can be done to help prevent maternal deaths. If that's what you're looking for, you found it. It's the Nursing Show.
- Worldwide Obesity Costs Top $2 TrillionFinally, in another worldwide report, the cost of obesity on the world’s healthcare systems will top $2 trillion dollars this year approaching smoking and war in health impact. A consulting group called the McKinsey Global Institute looked at the economic impact of obesity. 30 Percent of World Overweight They […]
- Healthcare Holes for American SeniorsNext up in this week’s news items is a look at a study of senior citizen welfare published by the Commonwealth Fund in the Journal Health Affairs. It found significant deficits in certain areas of care for American senior citizens when compared to other industrialized nations. International Study of […]
- For Nurses It’s More Important to be “Present, not Perfect”