Currently viewing the category: "Insights Podcast"
Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Creating Next Generation of Infection PreventionistsFinally, let’s take a look at the infection prevention experts of the future. The University of Michigan’s School of Public Health is training nurse specialists to take on this specific role in the future. They have created a certificate in Public Health specializing in Infection Prevention. Controlling Hospital Acquired Infections […]
- Women Get More Benefit From Heart Failure TreatmentNext up in the news is a look at current heart failure treatments and how they affect different patients in different ways. Apparently, women benefit from some treatments more than men. One treatment, using a pacemaker to help coordinate the cardiac contractions of a patient in heart failure, called […]
- Teens Tanning and Skin Cancer RiskWe’ll start off the nursing and healthcare news this week with a look at a new study on the negative effects of tanning beds on the skin of teens who tan in them. The study found that tanning bed’s UV lights increase the risk for developing Basal Cell […]
- Tele-ICU Nursing Care Research and Episode 304Tanning teens’ cancer risk, Women benefit more from heart failure treatment, creating the new infection prevention teams, and we’ll look at another special interview segment from NTI 2014 with an interview about trends in Tele-ICU nursing care. If that's what you're looking for, you found it. It's the Nursing Show. […]
- Creating Next Generation of Infection Preventionists