Currently viewing the category: "Insights Podcast"
Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
- Hospitals Fare Poorly For In-Hospital Stroke ResponseFinally, I bring you another story about how rapid recognition and treatment of acute emergency conditions is being missed in many hospitals. The most recent study on the subject comes from the May 4 issue of JAMA Neurology. Researchers found that hospital patients admitted for another problem were slow to have their strokes recognized […]
- Nurse Practitioners Just As Good At Cardiac ManagementNext up in the news for nurses is another story that is a win for advanced practice nurses. A recent study from the Veterans Affairs (VA) Department on nurse-led care for chronic cardiovascular disease patients found that nurse practitioners are just as effective and safe as physicians when managing these patients. Cardiac Specialist and […]
- Nurses Who Visit Moms Successful in Increasing Breast-FeedingKicking off the nursing news this week is a look at a recent program in Florida to improve maternal and newborn health through regular nurse visit to at-risk moms in underserved communities. The report from the program entitled “Enhancing Neonatal Wellness with Home Visitation” talks about how the program used these home visits for […]
- Following Your Nurse Passion and Nursing Show Episode 345Improving breast-feeding rates, nurse practitioners great at cardiac management, in-hospital stroke blues, and we’ll have two more of the special interview segments from the ANIA conference in Philadelphia a few weeks ago where we were talking nursing informatics. If that's what you're looking for, you found it. It's the Nursing Show.
- Hospitals Fare Poorly For In-Hospital Stroke Response