Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Pain Assessment and Management in Delirium Patients and Episode 305Nurse creates diagnostic smart phone app, metric system change needed to save pediatric lives, nurses tied to vaccination success, and we’ll visit again with another of our special interview segments from the NTI 2014 conference in Denver back in May. We’ll look at pain assessment and management of the delirium patient. If that's what you're lookin […]
- Creating Next Generation of Infection PreventionistsFinally, let’s take a look at the infection prevention experts of the future. The University of Michigan’s School of Public Health is training nurse specialists to take on this specific role in the future. They have created a certificate in Public Health specializing in Infection Prevention. Controlling Hospital Acquired Infections […]
- Women Get More Benefit From Heart Failure TreatmentNext up in the news is a look at current heart failure treatments and how they affect different patients in different ways. Apparently, women benefit from some treatments more than men. One treatment, using a pacemaker to help coordinate the cardiac contractions of a patient in heart failure, called […]
- Teens Tanning and Skin Cancer RiskWe’ll start off the nursing and healthcare news this week with a look at a new study on the negative effects of tanning beds on the skin of teens who tan in them. The study found that tanning bed’s UV lights increase the risk for developing Basal Cell […]
- Pain Assessment and Management in Delirium Patients and Episode 305