Subscribe to Insights Newsletter
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- How Nurses Handle Addiction Provides Role Model for CommunityAddiction, a word that causes us to think of many different things but almost always linked to illicit substances or abuse of a drug, or even alcohol. When nurses become addicts it seems to cause increased scrutiny to the entire profession even though it may not be that common an occurrence. But what about […]
- California’s Online Licensing System Stresses GraduatesWell, it’s been a bad year for health care related software roll-outs. We all know about the hassles with Obamacare back in the Fall. I just found this other story about how the new BreEZe nursing licensing system in California, implemented back in December is also having major software issues […]
- Formula Sets Bad Precedent in Hospital Newborn FeedingsFirst up in this week’s nursing news items is a news item about nursing — babies I mean. A recent survey of nearly 400 newborns at one hospital points to the importance of modeling healthy behaviors for our patients as early as possible. Bottle Feedings Confuse Mom and Baby The […]
- Digital Fitness Tools for Nurses and Patients and Episode 284Formula fed newborns less likely to breast-feed, consternation over new nurse licensing system, stroke outcomes poorer for women and we'll look at several consumer electronic fitness tools from this year's International CES show in Las Vegas. If that's what you're looking for, you found it. It's the Nursing Show. […]
- How Nurses Handle Addiction Provides Role Model for Community